In violations to UN Security Council Regulations, India is changing the outlook of IIOJK and trying to merge the State with its mainland. To suppress masses, Indian occupation forces have intensified cordon and search operations and door to door searches to harass and terrorize the innocent Kashmiri masses. Post 05 August 2019, India has:-
- Extended 890 Central (Indian) Laws, repealed 205 State Laws while 129 State Acts have been modified for Union Territories.
- Over 06 Millions domiciles have been issued including 0.5 Million to outsiders to bring demographic changes.
- Army has been empowered to grab land by declaring its as Strategic Area. 39,000 kanals of land earmarked for outsiders investors.
- Outsiders are being encouraged to buy land in IIOJK. So far, 34 outsiders from other States of India bought property in IIOJK. Over 4,226 applications have been received for allotment of land @ Rs. 47,441 Crores. Economic opportunities are being provided to outsiders through contracts and jobs whereas unemployment of local youth has crossed over 0.5 million.
- IIOJK administration to decide fake/ anti-national news. Over 60 journalists neither being allowed to travel out of IIOJK nor permitted to interact with International media.
- 500 years old ruins of 50,000 temples being re-located and people fear aggression like Babri Mosque. Assets of all religious Dargas and Imam Bargas are being taken / controlled by the centre.
- The Kashmir Files movie being promoted world-wide, hatred towards Kashmiri Muslims being spread. May Kill/ hang prominent Hurriyat leaders.
- Media gags: Newspapers under strict scrutiny, coverage of CASOs not allowed (9 Journalists arrested / harassed) & SM strictly monitored (23 arrested for anti-India posts); SM activities termed as white collar terrorists.
- Shrinking Space for Political Activities; Hurriayt leadership incarcerated; surge in arrest of innocent youth under UAPA. Hurriyat free design being implemented, likely to ban APHC. People fear mass arrests before elections in IIOJK. NIA, ED, SIA and Indian Police carrying out raids everyday.
- To curb the domestic voices of civil society / people, India has started banning Associations/ Unions of all institutions especially educational institutions.
- Over 80 petitions against abrogation of Article 370 /35A have been filed since 05 August, 2019 in the Indian Supreme Court. The court has recently listed it for hearing in July/ August 2022.
- Recently, India threatened Kashmiri students through a public notice for not recognizing degrees / education obtained from Pakistan’s institutions thus pushing well educated youth to the corner / dark future.
Atrocities Committed by Indian Occupation Forces in IIOJK. CASOs geared up and killing of Kashmiri youth is done almost everyday:-
January 1989 till 20 May 2022
- Total Killings 96,032
- Custodial / Fake encounter killings 7,233
- Civilian Arrested 164,759
- Structures / houses destroyed / damaged 110,476
- Women widowed 22,944
- Children Orphaned 107,860
- Women Gang-raped / Molested 11255
5 August 2019 to 20 May 2022
- Total Killings 596
- Custodial killings / fake encounters 109
- Tortured / Critically Injured 2247
- Arrested 17812
- Structures / house destroyed / damaged 1082
- Women Widowed 36
- Children Orphaned 85
- Women Gang-raped / Molested 125
- Cordon and Search Operations 14287
Delimitation in IIOJK
On 05 May, 2022, Delimitation Commission submitted its final report to Indian report to Indian Government and subsequently a gazette notification / order was issued showing the details of the redrawn assembly constituencies of IIOJK. The notification was issued after the three members of Delimitation Commission signed the final order. Changes made are :-
- Jammu and Kashmir Divisions have been treated as a single entity basing on census 2011 (53.72 lakh populations in Jammu / 68.83 Lakhs in the Valley). Demographic share (%age) of newly formed constituencies.
- Total number of seats increased to 90 (47 Kashmir /43 Jammu)
- 06 new Assembly constituencies created in Jammu Division (craved out from Rajouri, Doda, Udhampur, Kishtwar, Kathua, Samba Districts) and 1 new seat created in Kashmir Division (carved out from Kupwara District)
- 09 Assembly constituencies reserved for STs (6 in Jummu / 3 in Valley).
- 09 constituencies renamed i.e Tangmarg as Gulmarg, Zoonimar as Zaidibal, Sonwar as Lal Chowk, Padder as Padder – Nagseni, Kathua North as Jasrota, Kathua South as Kathua, Khour as Chhamb, Mahore as Gulabgarh and Darhal as Budhal.
- Recommended nomination of 02 seats for displaced Kashmiri Pandits and PoJK refugees. Out of which, 01 would be male and female.
- The commission merged parts of Rajouri-Poonch areas with Kashmir’s Anantnag Lok Sabha constituency.
All regional mainstream leaders have rejected Delimitation Report out – rightly.